Heidelberg PDF

Heidelberg is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 12 km north-east of Melbourne’s central business district. Once a large town on Melbourne’s outskirts, Heidelberg was absorbed into Melbourne as part of the latter’s northward expansion after World War II. Heidelberg once had its heidelberg PDF historic central business district including its own municipality in the former City of Heidelberg. Heidelberg lends its name to the Heidelberg School, an impressionist art movement that developed in and around the suburb in the late 19th-century.


Författare: Hans Gercke.
Die Kleinen Kunstführer erscheinen zu einzelnen Kirchen, Klöstern, Schlössern, Burgen, Kunstlandschaften, Städten und Museen im abendländischen Kulturraum und bilden als Sammlung eine reich illustrierte topographische Bibliothek der Kunstschätze Europas.
In knapper, ansprechender Form sowie nach einheitlichem Schema und auf aktuellem Forschungsstand liefern die Kunstführer einen fundierten Überblick über Geschichte, Baumeister, Künstler, Architektur, Stil, Ausstattung und Bedeutung der Bilder in den einzelnen Kunststätten. Die Texte sind verständlich und flüssig geschrieben und können in der für einen Besuch zur Verfügung stehenden Zeit gelesen werden. Das aktuelle Layout und die Ausgestaltung des Führers mit brillanten, von ausgewiesenen Fotografen angefertigten Bildern machen die Lektüre zu einem besonderen Vergnügen, so dass man den Führer auch zuhause gern wieder in die Hand nimmt.
Ergänzend zu den Kleinen Kunstführern sind bisher über 270 Große Kunstführer erschienen, die die entsprechenden Denkmäler im Handbuchformat und ausführlicher darstellen. Eine Reihe von Denkmälern werden inzwischen durch Hörbücher oder Audioguides für iPhones bzw. Smartphones erschlossen, die unsere Tochterfirma Artguide herstellt.

The land at Heidelberg was sold by Crown auction in 1838, making it one of the earliest rural allotments in Australia, as Melbourne was founded only three years earlier. By 1840, Warringal had been established as a surveyed township, the name referring to an Aboriginal term for eagle’s nest. When it was settled, Heidelberg was reached by track from Melbourne via North Fitzroy, and in 1841 the Heidelberg Road Trust was formed. As a form of Local Government, it preceded the Melbourne Town Council.

By the late 1840s, the road had a toll bar at Merri Creek, and a Macadam surface. The Post Office opened on 19 October 1853 as Warringal, and was renamed Heidelberg in 1865. Heidelberg was proclaimed a Shire on 27 January 1871. Heidelberg was proclaimed a city on 11 April 1934, but its rural space exceeded the urban area. The Heidelberg Town Hall was built in 1937. Subdivision and settlement clustered around Heidelberg Road and the Melbourne to Hurstbridge railway line, which bisected the municipality in a generally north-east direction.