Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. This article needs additional citations good Morning, Mr. Mendelssohn PDF verification.
Författare: Rosemarie Marschner.
"Bist du auch fleißig, Felix?", fragt Lea Mendelssohn häufig ihren Zweitgeborenen. Oh ja, das ist Felix und bleibt es sein nur 38 Jahre währendes Leben lang.
This article may require copy editing for length. You can assist by editing it. A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. The neutrality of this article is disputed. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School is a Roman Catholic day secondary school in Holland Park, London, with approximately 950 students. The school does not select first year pupils on academic ability, but accepts pupils who are practising Catholics.
Viscount Fitzalan, the Duke of Norfolk and the Marquis of Ripon. The Vaughan School opened its doors in the Victorian Building now known as Addison Hall, as a private school, to twenty-nine boys on 21 September 1914, appointing Canon Driscoll as the first Headmaster. In the next decade the school expanded and it was decided to seek recognition by the Board of Education for the grant as an independent day school. Shortly after Driscoll’s death, Canon J. During his term of office the school was temporarily evacuated to Beaumont College, Windsor during the Second World War. 11 dress in the black Vaughan suit with the Vaughan Lower School Tie, a tie that bears the Vaughan School colours.
During this time they have the option to be awarded a number of sporting ties and prefect ties. Girls who join the school at this time are required to wear the Vaughan maroon blazer and grey skirt. 200 per year, Canon Driscoll was appointed as the first headmaster. He confessed to having spent the summer months anxiously worrying about how many boys would face him on opening day. Two classes were held in the top rooms.
Canon Driscoll took one and Father W. The first lay master, M J. Cobb, joined in 1915 followed by Father Parsons, Mr Connell and Miss Ashlyn, the first female teacher. Dr Vance was already well known as a scholar and a writer when he succeeded Canon Driscoll as Headmaster and to this day a bust of Dr Vance may be found in the present Headmaster’s study.
He undoubtedly ran a tight ship and strict punctuality was expected of every teacher: ‚The attention of the Staff is called to the need for rigid punctuality. Every class must cease automatically when the bell rings. Each member of my Staff must realise that boys should not be kept waiting a minute. Canon Butcher, Former President of St. Father Reginald Butcher succeeded Dr Vance in 1948. He had served at the Vaughan during its evacuation to Windsor but his time as Headmaster was limited to four years because of his appointment in 1952 as President of St Edmund’s, Ware. Shortly after his appointment, the need for urgent structural repairs became apparent.
Extensive dry rot was discovered and had to be remedied. Father Richard Kenefeck, who succeeded him, was the longest serving Headmaster in the Vaughan’s history, presiding over the School’s development for nearly a quarter of a century, Richard Kenefeck was ordained in 1935 and went on to read English at Downing College, Cambridge. He was appointed to the Vaughan in 1938 and spent his whole working life at the School. He came with the reputation of being a brilliant footballer and immediately took charge of sports and games. Pellegrini, the first headmaster who was not a cleric, was appointed in 1976.